Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fun with needles

I had a fill today. I really didn't want it because I didn't feel like being on liquids and mushies for five days after. I sucked it up and went and it wasn't very fun. My port seems to be at an angle, and they can never figure out exactly where to stick the needle. That means, they just keep poking around until they can find it - oh, by the way, while I'm doing an ab crunch. Hey fatty, can you just contract your abs while you lie on a table for 10 minutes so I can poke around a bit?

Oy. I do ab crunches, but to hold it so long is difficult, especially because all the poking around hurts (not terribly, but it's not pleasant). The NP I met with was the same one I saw last time. She is very nice, and she felt bad it was so hard to find. I don't know how they did it 150 lbs ago! LOL I decided to make a suggestion: I lied on my back and filled my stomach with air and pushed it out as far as I could (attractive), and that seemed to work, so we're going to try that again next time.

I now have 6 CCs in my band, and we're going to wait 8 weeks before I go in for another fill. That will be around the one year mark. What a year!

Now I'm on liquids. I heated up some beef and vegetable soup for dinner, and I just drank the broth out of it. Darcy just got me some Carnation Instant Breakfasts for tomorrow, so I can look forward to that fun all night! ;-) Trust me, I hate the liquids, but it's sooooooooo worth it.

Today was ridiculously busy. It's 9 something, and I'm just finishing work now. It didn't help that I had to leave for an MD appt in the middle of the day. This is going to be a very busy week for me, with work, all the things I need to do for the lake association, school, etc, I need to make sure to find time to exercise. I re prioritized my life to be on this healthy living journey, and I can see as time goes by, more and more is creeping onto my plate, competing for my attention.

I need to make sure I'm putting my health first, because without it, I won't be here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Sounds like an unpleasant experience, but you are right it is so worth it. The proof is in your overall health and well-being. You are really doing amazing!!

Alison... said...

You should have suggested the stomach push out idea 4 fills ago but I'm glad you spoke up this time and of course your idea worked, natch...

Liquids are lousy but maybe you can only do 3 days of them and then try food - see how that goes. It can't hurt to try, right?

right.

Carmen said...

I heart carnation instant breakfasts! now that I preggie again maybe you could work on losing me for a second time. I think by the time I'm ready to deliver I will probably be tipping the scales close to 170 if this time is even vaguely reminiscent of last. okay totally kidding, I'm not trying to be too selfish and appear on your blog repeatedly. besides at the rate you're going you'll have lost that much before the year is out. but anyway, maybe I only like those breakfast things because I don't HAVE to drink them...hmmm

Kristen said...

Yay!!! Carmen is pregnant again! You get fat while I get skinny, K? Maybe by the time we meet up in Cali, we can share your maternity jeans. Haha