Friday, July 11, 2008

When it rains...


It's very strange. I think of myself as a healthy person, but for the past few weeks, if it isn't one thing, it's another. My gallbladder, my allergies, my anemia, blah blah blah. Today I have a new one! I have been blessed with a sinus infection. I will be on the Z pack within the hour.
.
I thought it was a toothache. I can be dense. My "tooth" hurt all day yesterday, and it hurt so bad, it was traveling all the way up to my nose. Ah, no. Actually, that was sinus pain traveling all the way down my jaw. I suspected something was up when my one "tooth ache" spread throughout the entire left side of my face. Duh.
.
I hate sinus infections. Mine comes in waves. It's always a dull pain, but then from time to time, it gets really really bad, and I can't talk or do anything. I just have to concentrate until it passes.
I'm issuing a ban on illness going forward. I'm all set.
.
Oh - I had my MD appt today. The surgeon was called into emergency surgery (you'll have that), so I met with her very friendly and helpful PA. My hida scan did indeed come back fine, so we don't know what my problem is. Now I'm going to go to a gastroenterologist for continued testing.
.
In the mean time, I need to eat as blandly as possible.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are sick!! I know this is a silly question, but could your pain be lap band related??

Accountant said...

Maybe the pain is related to that crazy-eye smiling thing you're doing....!!
kidding! I kid! I'm a kidder.

Hope you feel better!

Kristen said...

LOL, you crazy kidder! You may be onto something!

Alison... said...

you're a mess

have the band removed and go back to your old slovely ways, you'll feel better

see, I'm a crazy kidder too

Stephanie Carnes said...

Surrender to the Neti pot! It's kind of strange to use, but I haven't had a sinus infection since I started using it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8sDIbRAXlg