Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm confused

Last night I was craving pizza. I hadn't slept well this week, and I'd been up since 4:30, so I was tired...I'd been in my car for over 3 hrs commuting, my allergies were bothering me, and I wanted a treat. As Alison mentioned in her blog this morning, I was talking on the phone to her about how I wanted Pizza Hut pizza. It's my absolute favorite. I just love that crispy golden pan crust they have.

I seriously considered getting it, but ultimately, I decided to make a healthier compromise. I ordered a margherita pizza from a local italian restaurant. It's not a greasy pizza - just a thin crust, tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella cheese and a little olive oil and seasoning. I make that stuff at my house sometimes, only on a pita, and I use Pam instead of olive oil. I figured that was a safe bet, and a better alternative.

I was really hungry, and I ate two pieces, which is a lot for me. I was still within my calories for the day, and I felt fine when I went to bed. I fell right asleep because I was exhausted, and I started having these horrible dreams of all these things that were causing me extreme stomach pain. I kept tossing and turning to get in a better spot so I wouldn't be in as much pain, but it got worse and worse. Finally, I woke up at 1AM to realize I was having another one of those attacks. Maybe it's a gallbladder attack, maybe it's something else.

I thought I was in the clear since the tech said my hida scan seemed normal, but I just don't think I am. I know it's not lactose intolerance. I've been lactose intolerant for a decade, and it can really make you cramp up, but it's nothing like this pain, and it's in a different area as well. Thankfully, I had some prescription pain meds from when I was in the ER last time, and I took one of those with a compazine so it wouldn't make me more sick to my stomach, and within a half hour I I fell back asleep.

The pain meds made me sleep a dead sleep, and I woke up feeling groggy, but my stomach was better. I have no idea what's going on with me now, if I got sick from something with such natural ingredients, but I can only imagine that whatever it is that's bothering me must be getting worse. Hopefully I'll know more when I see the MD tomorrow.

Thank God I opted against the greasy Pizza Hut pizza! I probably would have exploded!

4 comments:

Kathie said...

I've had a Gallbladder attack. For me the pain shot through to my back and I wanted to just die in pain. I hope you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Well that was a sad little tale. You go to give yourself a treat, and then get rewarded with pain. I feel bad about that.

I hope you Doc can get to the bottom of this for you.

Alison... said...

Ya, maybe you should stick w/ making your own healthy pizza since anything you get from a restaurant or subshop is going to just be too greasy for you...

That is AWFUL!

Kristen said...

I know, right? It's a little redonk, don't you think?!