Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Someone, take the fork out of my hand

I wasn't feeling great yesterday, and I was tired and discouraged about the number on the scale, so I decided I was going to eat anything and everything I wanted, and I did just that.

I had:
1/2 cup of pasta carbonara
1/3 of a grilled chicken salad (with full fat ranch dressing)
Sm. Italian sub
1 piece of pizza
1 slice of key lime pie
Ice cream

Can you imagine? Actually, since I can't eat the volume of the bad foods, I didn't do nearly the damage I would have on a food bender before. I tracked my calories, and I was just over 2000. Holy Moly. Now I know that 2000 is the recommended daily intake for women, so it's not like it's a ridiculous amount, but I normally shoot for 1000/day (and average more like 600-700 lately), so 2000 is a LOT for me.

I woke up this morning with a food hangover. My body felt gross and bloated and tired. I used to feel like that every day, and I forgot what that felt like. It's not pleasant. I knew all day yesterday that I was only having a tantrum for one day, and that I'd be back on track today, and I am.

I have already worked out my meal plan for today:

Breakfast - 2 Kashi strawberry waffles and yogurt
Lunch - Turkey and hummus on a Joseph's wrap with 2 mini bananas
Afternoon snack - yogurt (and a Kashi trail mix bar if I'm hungry)
Dinner - Sushi (tuna) + salad

As promised, I'm attending the support group meeting tonight, so I won't be home until 8:30 or 9. As long as I'm feeling up to it, I plan to exercise when I get home.

I think it's time for a new scale. As of last night, it said I was up 23 lbs. Obviously, it's broken. Darcy said there are springs that came out of it, so yeah, it's broken. I'm going to throw it out tonight, and probably buy a new one this weekend. I'll take a few days of a break from weighing myself, but in general, I know it's best for me to stay on track by checking my weight daily. If that stops working, I'll change my habit.

Have a healthy day! :)

3 comments:

Alison... said...

wow, that is a lot of calories for you but a spike is good and when you indulge in junky stuff like that, it just makes you go back to the healthy stuff stronger so it's all good.

You can weigh yourself on my scale tonight before the meeting, it's the same as the doctor's, as you know

Kristen said...

oh, i'm planning on it

LOL

Anonymous said...

Sorry my comment didn't post yesterday. I think that a "treat" day every now and again is fine. You monitor your intake religiously. If you deprive yourself all the time, then it does become a case of deprivation vs. commitment. You'll be back on track the next day,