Monday, July 14, 2008

I feel fat

I know that technically, I AM fat, but I haven't felt fat in a while because I've lost so much weight. Maybe there's something wrong with my scale. It's not settling on zero, and I've been up 5 lbs the past few days. I don't know how I can be up. I didn't even eat as much as 400 calories on Saturday and Sunday.

I have a new battery at the house, and I'm going to change it tonight to see if that makes a difference. It's silly how a number on a scale makes me feel a different way. Obviously I'm losing weight, and I'm exercising and eating healthy (though sometimes, not quite enough - I'm working on that too), so I am going to lose weight. I know that last week was an off week for me, since I lost 5 lbs the week before, but I still managed to lose a lb last week, and I should be happy. I think losing that lb threw me off because I thought that meant I was just going to keep losing and losing, and when that didn't happen, I became discouraged.

Enough of that. If the scale makes me paranoid, I'm going to throw it out. I only use it because it motivates me.

Friday night we went to the mall. Can you imagine? I called TJ on my way to tell him that I was finally as lame as he was! I bought a new swimming suit, some shirts and flops, and two pairs of shorts, one pair of shorts that is one size too small, and another pair that's 2 sizes too small. I like having goal pants. That makes me happy...well, when I fit in them. ;-)

After the mall, we went to Friendly's. We hadn't had dinner, and it was 9PM. There is nothing healthy at Friendly's. I ordered a BLT, and I had about a third of it. Even kind of bad things aren't so bad when you don't eat much of them...not that I want to waste my nutrients on kind of bad food, but it happens.

Saturday I was having a lot of pain with my sinus infection/abscessed tooth, so after running some errands and doing a little hiking, I stayed in while Alison and Darcy went yachting and swimming with the gang all day. I got some work done, paid bills, did a few things for school, and then I sorted through all my clothes to get rid of everything that's too big, which is almost everything. I like that job. It's FUN. The only thing that stinks is when I have to part with something I really like, but that is actually quite rare. By night time, I couldn't waste the whole day, so I went out for the final voyage. We had a great night.

Sunday I was feeling a little better. We went out for breakfast at Rita Mae's. I had one egg and one piece of dry rye. We went out in the boat with Ali, Steph and Carolyn, and we parked at cupcake island all day. What a fun day. We ran into a bunch of our friends, and we made some new ones too. :) We met some girls who just moved to the area in April. They just bought jet skis, and they let us use them! I had never been on a jet ski before, and I loooooved it. I need one. Now. Darcy and Stephanie were afraid to drive it themselves, so they rode on the back, and they both flew off! Way funny. They had life vests on, don't worry.

I've been on antibiotics for three days now, so my face is getting better, but I think I slept on the wrong side of my face last night, so it's pretty sore today. It's Monday, and I'm already having a crazy week. Also, I start two classes this week. They are 8 week sessions, so it's a lot crammed into a shortened schedule, but not as bad as the five week course I just finished.

I think that's it for now. I sure had a lot to say today!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you sure had one busy weekend. I can imagine throwing out those old clothes is very motivating! Also having goal pants to get into is very smart

Alison... said...

I am sure you will be down some weight since yes, you barely ate anything all weekend - bad girl! You need to consume more than 400 calories in a weekend and you need to stop worrying about the number. I know it motivates you but if you're feeling fat cuz you're looking at number that is higher than you expect, maybe you need to just go about your normal business and weigh yourself weekly -

can you do that?

Kristen said...

nope. :)

Alison... said...

well you said you would throw it out if it kept making you paranoid so I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest a once a week weigh in

lanie said...

Don't do it! Don't do it!!! Scales may make us crazy- but they also keep us aware! Yes, sometimes they can be discouraging, but mostly they keep us in check and therefore motivated. Long live the scale!