Friday, July 4, 2008

Who needs the Brits!



Alternative title: Happy Independence Day!

Today is a big day for the river folk. Two of our neighbors, Bruno and Kenny, go all out with the fireworks. We're not talking those silly little kits you can buy at BJs, or even the stuff that's legal. They go directly to China for this show. (kidding, kind of) No, it's actually all legal, probably, but last year, they put on a city firework quality show. It was truly amazing.

Unfortunately, today is a bit overcast, and it's supposed to be partly cloudy all day. I'm hoping that doesn't interfere with the visibility. I'm going to take pictures tonight, and if they come out, I'll be sure to post them.

Bruno and Krissy's soiree begins at 2PM. They have hired a DJ to play from 5-9, and break from 9-10 for the fireworks, and then to play (should I say spin? that would be a stretch) from 10-12. They have also hired a cook to grill the hundreds of pounds of food they have (slight exaggeration).

D and I are having people up, but we're really just inviting them to K and B's party, and if they happen to be on our lawn next door, so be it. K has asked me to bring nachos - easy enough. I won't eat them though. That's the dilemma that is such a gathering.

I won't eat their corn fed beef, I'm sure the chicken won't be moist enough for me to eat (no offense to the cook - it's just that chicken on the grill is really hard to get moist enough for my band), all the side dishes will be fattening, and people will be badgering me to eat something the whole time, thinking I'm not somehow anorexic because I won't eat normal BBQ food.

I'm glad Lanie is eating all natural, healthy foods, because she can be my food sister today. That stuff doesn't tempt me - if I end up wanting to try a little bit of something/s, I certainly will, but I just don't want to plan that my entire meal is going to be made up of food that's less than ideal.

I'm sure there will be a hummus and tabouli sandwich in my future, and I think I'm going to grill up some chicken for lunch, so that I get my protein in. That is my plan.

I should shake a tail feather. I have guests arriving at 2 or earlier, and I still need to dust, sweep, vacuum, clean the porch, put the yard back together, get ice and a few other last minute things, etc...

Oh - last, but not least, I'm down another lb today for a total of 138 lbs gone forever. 17 more lbs until I lose Marcel/lo!

2 comments:

Alison... said...

wow, you're having a good loss week - yay!

See you later on

Anonymous said...

The weight is just falling off you now!