Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fine, you get your way!

All of my regulars have been complaining about my latest profile pic because I was making a silly face. I was just being obnoxious...shocking, I know. I didn't want to have one of those myspace pics that made me look 1000 times better than I do in real life. Plus, my mouth was open, so whenever I made a comment on a blog, it was almost like I was speaking! :)

My readers just don't get me... it's sad.

So I assigned the picture above to my profile, and within 30 minutes I have TJ emailing me a copy of that picture, calling me pretty. Oy.

It's just a boring old picture of boring old me, and now you can all stop harassing poor me. LOL

On another note: why is it so hard for me to climb six flights of stairs? Going down is no problem at all! ;-) I'm in Boston today, and my office is on the 6th floor, so unless I'm carrying a bunch of things, I take the stairs. By the top, I have to catch my breath!

I just climbed up six flights, and I was intercepted by someone who wanted to meet with me real quick. I told her she'd need to give me a minute because I had to catch my breath (something I never would have admitted 150 lbs ago). She asked me what floor I climbed from and I told her the 1st. Good for you!, she said. I could tell she was pleased, but it's funny coming from her because she ALWAYS takes the stairs, full of bags and all.

When I first learned this last year, I couldn't understand why or how she managed that. She is in shape and very healthy, but 6 flights seemed insane to phatty. I remember all the times the elevator broke down, and I had to take me and my extra 150 lbs up 6 flights of stairs to my office. I had to take breaks, go really slow, and then it took me like 15 minutes to recover. Wow.

I think it took me about 30 seconds to catch my breath today, but I'm just looking forward to the day where I don't even get winded.

8 comments:

Alison... said...

Silly pictures work for me but that hideous one did not... you don't have to have a boring picture just not a scarey one!

6 flights would make anyone lose their breath, never mind while carrying something - are ya kiddin?

What were you carrying anyway, stoop.

Kristen said...

it wasn't hideous - it was just silly

you people are crazy

i'm saying i wasn't carrying anything, and i was winded

Anonymous said...

I see you are smiling with your eyes...NICE!

I imagine I would need CPR, an iron lung, and a hospital bed after 6 flights of stairs. It's fun to have 1 lung...lol.

Kristen said...

LOL

TJ, you are in very good shape, but it's funny when you pretend you aren't.

Alison... said...

the other picture was awful and I'm grateful you changed it even if you think the new one is boring.

Carmen said...

I like the new one better too! I'm still holding out for the bikini one though?
p.s. I get winded climbing three flights of stairs to my place everytime I get home, or have to walk the dog...I'm not sure that ever gets better!

Kristen said...

oh, that is it! how about one in my swimming trunks and a tank top? :)

skinny you gets winded after 3 flights? it's hopeless for me if a marathon runner has trouble!! too funny...

lanie said...

I was thinking even people that are in great shape would probally be winded right after 6 flights! That's a pretty steep incline!!!