Thursday, April 17, 2008

What is the opposite of an NSV?

Dear readers,

As a reminder, an NSV (Non scale victory) is something that happens that is a sign that you've lost weight, other than the number on the scale moving down. For example: you can tie your shoes without trouble or walk a few miles...

Last night, I was trying to determine what the opposite of an NSV was, because I experienced that. A brutal reminder that I am still very pleasingly plump, and I have a long way to go.

Krissy and Lanie and I decided to go out, and we were taking Bruno's truck. I thought I would be chivalrous and get in the back of the cab, so I opened the door, and I had to squeeze myself in. I was probably one burger away from not even making it in at all.

I couldn't believe it. Normally, I discover all these things I can do now - not things I CAN'T do! I texted Alison about my tragedy, and she tried to put her sally sunniest spin on it by telling me that last year I wouldn't have made it in at all...little did she know, last WEEK I probably wouldn't have made it in at all.

So I didn't mention this to Lanie or Krissy, but when we were getting out of the truck, Krissy hopped out, and opened the rear door of the cab to let me out.

There was a door???!!!! LOL

Oooooooooooh. It's a suicide door. You can't see it or open it from the outside, so I didn't realize it was there, so I actually climbed into the truck without even opening the door!

I AM skinny. hahahaha

It was very funny.

Do you see a door? Can you blame me? LOL

PS - That's not actually Bruno's truck, but you get the idea...

2 comments:

Alison... said...

I knew you weren't having a non NSV moment you stoop, you were skinny enough to sqeeze in w/ out using the back door... see!

and I cahn't believe you didn't know there was another door.

oysh.

lanie said...

and I think Krissey is the only one i know, other than a child, that wouldn't have trouble getting in the TINY back seat without the help of the door.(which was put there for a reason!)