Thursday, April 24, 2008

.1

That's how far I was away from losing Krissy this AM. .1 lousy lb. I probably weighed myself 15 times hoping the result would change, but it just kept going up. I'm all set with that!

I was glad to see my bloat was gone, and I'm hoping Krissy will be gone by tomorrow! That would be a nice little surprise!

I just scheduled my next fill yesterday for May 13th. I didn't feel any difference from this last fill at all. In fact, I think they spilled something out because I've had more of an appetite! Well, that could also be a result of me losing weight.

This is how it works: They fill the band around the top of my stomach with saline, which dims my appetite. The more weight I lose, the loser the band gets around my stomach because there is less fat to contend with. Does that make sense? So I can have good restriction, lose 15 lbs, and then have less restriction. That is the beauty of having an adjustable band, because when that happens, they can just give me another fill.

I've been averaging 700-800 calories/day the past two weeks. If I had more groceries, as I mentioned yesterday, I would do a better job of averaging 1000, but I'm not going to fill in calories with junk food just to average 1000.

Lately, I have been bad about dairy and fruits. I still do a good job of getting veggies in, but not as much as I would like to. I'm over the top with the protein - I only need 60-65 grams/day, but I often get 100 in.

I'm doing pretty well with fiber too. Dairy is always the worst because I'm lactose intolerant. Yogurt is fine, but I don't like it. However, if it's in the house, and I remember, I'll eat it. I do like cheese, but unless it's pretty low fat, it's too fatty to be worth it. Again, if I can just get to the grocery store (which I plan to do tonight), I will be just fine.

That's all folks!

:)

2 comments:

Alison... said...

.1?

couldn't you pluck your eye brows or something for the .1?

geesh.

congrats on a job well done, I have a prize for you!

also, I CAHN'T get over how you can survive on 700-800 calories per day. That just seems too low but whatever works...

Anonymous said...

Another milestone achieved (almost)! How many has it been thus far. You are so committed and you are doing so well. It's nice to see the results of the "fruits" of your labor. (Sorry I am like Carrie Bradshaw when it comes to puns).