Friday, April 18, 2008

Bad boy

I have been a bad boy this week.

Somehow, the sun is out and the days are warm, and my whole routine is out the window.

I'm not eating bad - I'm still eating as I should, but I haven't done a good job of getting to the gym as I normally do, and I haven't been good about taking my vitamins or iron either.

What happened? I was in a really good groove! This nice weather has caused me to lose my footing a bit, and I need to quickly correct this.

When I was getting back into the groove of working out, I started my phatbusters blog, and that helped me to track my progress, but also hold myself accountable for working out 5-6 times/week. I haven't done a good job of updating that for the past 2 weeks, but I'm going to start updating that daily again. Last week I worked out all the days I planned to, but not this week.

Sunday - skipped
Monday - went
Tuesday - skipped, but did 2 hrs of yard work
Wednesday - went
Thursday - skipped
Friday - I will work out today, maybe not at the gym unless I get my car fixed soon enough, but I will work out
Saturday (tomorrow) - I will definitely go to the gym, and I'm doing yard work all day, so that will be great exercise

I know I mentioned earlier this week that I need to start going to the gym in the AM, and that is a fact. I have been without a car since Wednesday, so it hasn't been possible or I would have. Wednesday I did go in the AM. My car is getting fixed today, so then I will be free to roam about.

It's going to be hard to make it to the gym in the AM tomorrow because we have a 9AM milfoil meeting at the High School, and we're going to breakfast prior to that. I suppose I could go at 7 (when the gym opens) and get it done then. That's probably the best plan because once the meeting is over, I'll be very anxious to start getting yard work done!

I'll get into the groove again. I think it was just a combination of the beautiful weather and lack of a vehicle that got me off the gym track. I guess, technically, if you count the 2 hrs of yardwork I did the other night, as long as I work out today and tomorrow, I will hit my minimum of 5 workouts/week. Good - that makes me feel better.

I don't know why I've been bad about my vitamins and iron, but I'm going to fix that by taking them right now!

1 comment:

Alison... said...

if you go today and tomorrow that will have been 5 times that you worked out so you're not off track at all.

Summer months are always slow times at the gym - everyone's out and about just like you.