Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Do you want cheese with that whine?

:)

My allergies are driving me crazy, and I hurt my back at the gym yesterday. Darcy is home sick, and I'm just praying and crossing fingers and toes that I won't catch it!

I'm not down any more weight, but I'd like to be. I'm doing much better at getting my calories in. Monday I was at 1000, and yesterday I was at 850. Now I feel like I'm not losing weight because I'm eating more. When I was eating less I felt like I wasn't losing weight because I was eating too little.

I should try eating 1500 calories one day, and then 800 for the rest of the week. I always did that when I was on weight watchers (only it was more like 4000 one day and 1600 the rest of the week) and it really worked to jump start my metabolism. Perhaps it was in my head, but it did seem to work.

The problem is: when I was on weight watchers, I didn't mind having a gross fat fest on my high calorie day, and now I'm just not inclined to eat gross fatty foods. I'm going to think about this though. I do realize I have no reason to complain - I just lost 2 lbs on Monday, and I'm supposed to be averaging 1-2 lbs/week, so I've already hit it for this week.

I think I was hoping when I saw the 2 lb loss that I would have another really big loss week because of my two week plateau. Perhaps I just need to get over myself. (as if that's going to happen)

!

I have a past history of lower back injuries from 2 car accidents and a work injury, so I need to be careful since I strained it last night. I may take the day off from strength training to do something a bit softer at my house tonight. We shall see.

Okay, my blog was annoying and boring today. I apologize.

XO!!!

2 comments:

Alison... said...

Have something fatty, it won't kill ya for cry eye.

and yes, spiking the calories has always worked for you -

even the nutritionist said it works.

Anonymous said...

Stop being an over-achiever, and just be an achiever....lol. 2 lbs is awesome. yay for you!