Saturday, April 12, 2008

All gyms are not created equal

That is the slogan of Planet Fitness. I would argue that not all Planet Fitness's are created equal. Manchester West, where I work out, is one of the better ones. There are plenty of machines to work your major muscle groups. I have also worked out in Danvers, which is comparable, and Woburn and Amesbury which are not. Woburn and Amesbury are kind of like Planet Fitness Lite. There's less of everything, and the machines are not as good.

Today I got up at 6AM and drove to Amesbury to work out, since I'm still in Salisbury. Unfortunately, it didn't open until 7AM, so I drove around and down to Haverhill and back until 7AM. Not only do they have far fewer machines than Manchester West, but the machines are...strange, let's say. I usually do 110 on the seated leg curl, for example, but on the machines today, I was doing 150, and it was easier than 110 is for me usually.

I have experienced a similar phenomenon when I use the machines in the 30 minute workout section of Planet Fitness. The machines just don't give you the same workout. They must be cheaper or something...it's very strange.

ANYWAY

I got my work out in, did some errands, took the Darce to breakfast, went antiquing, went to the beach and then met up with Ali for lunch at Browns. We're having a nice time enjoying the fresh air!

XO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

6 am on a weekend! You are a weirdo!!

Alison... said...

well you know I agree with this since my gym doesn't have nearly the same amount of machines as your gym but I never knew about the weight thing... now that is weird.