Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Grocery shopping

I had such a busy weekend between yard work, entertaining, visiting my grandmother, etc...I didn't have time to go shopping for the week. I'm scrambling to make healthy choices without many options in the house. Part of staying on the course for success is planning each day properly, both for working out, eating healthy, getting enough rest and making sure to take your vitamins!

I've continued to have a hard time with the beautiful weather confusing my routine, but after one week of letting myself enjoy the outdoors at the expense of my routine, I'm going to plan to take the necessary steps to stay on track. I'm not eating bad foods, but it's just easier to make the right choices when you have planned properly.

I didn't lose any more weight today, and I'm up a few lbs of water weight. Since I didn't have the best options available for food, I made selections that were higher in sodium than I normally eat. I was within my calories, but I didn't feel great about my food choices. Today, I have a salt hangover. Does anyone else get those? When you have too much salt one day, and the next day, you're thirsty, with a funny taste in your mouth, and your body just doesn't feel at it's best? Is that me?

Anyway, I hope to flush out any extra sodium with lots of water and a good workout at the gym tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm never had a salt hangover, sugar yes.

Alison... said...

I consume so much salt and I'm thirsty so much that I have one daily I think...

Kitty said...

I agree... those darn Margaritas!! : )