Friday, April 11, 2008

Mobility

I arrived at the beach today at 2pm, and I found a cafe with wifi to work from. There is wifi at the house we're staying at as well, but that's not as much fun. :)

After driving from Methuen to Woburn (to pick up the keys) to Salisbury (not exactly a direct route), I didn't feel like driving back to Amesbury to the gym. Instead, I changed into my work out clothes and went for a 3 mile walk/jog by the beach. It was wonderful!

I have been to this beach so many times, but due to my back pain, I never wanted to walk near the beach much. I would go look at it, and then move on. It was so nice to spend nearly an hour in the fresh air, getting my exercise! I cannot wait for the summer, when kayaking, tennis and biking will be part of my cardio routine!

Someone at work told me I look different today. I told her that's probably because I've lost a lot of weight. She asked me how much, so I told her. She couldn't believe it. She said I must feel like a new person. I told her how I had reprioritized my life to put health first, and she knows what a change that must have been for me.

I'm not a new person, per se, but I'm certainly getting more out of life. I've always had a full life. I am the only person I know who truly lives each day as though it could possibly be my last. I have great relationships with the people in my life, I appreciate arts and beauty and music, I have lots of fun, and I like to give a lot too. I'm still that person, but in addition, I am living even more!

Although it would have been nice to be at this point a decade sooner, I'm glad I have the rest of my life to enjoy it!

Kristen.

1 comment:

Alison... said...

I can't imagine someone said you look different but couldn't pin point why - LOL

It must feel great to be able to walk all that way pain free, I can't wait for the same.