Tuesday, April 15, 2008

This is a new one

I just ran into someone I've known for 3 years, and she didn't recognize me. I said hi to her, and she was looking at me bewildered, not knowing who I was, and then finally it clicked. She said, "Oh Kristen, I haven't seen you in so long!"

That, however, is not the case.

I see her just about once/month.

This is extra amusing because people ALWAYS remember me. Hello - I stand out. I'm an obese woman with a fauxhawk.

Mom, this is a fauxhawk (AKA fake mohawk):


I know that lately I'm looking much smaller, and that people are noticing like crazy, and I've heard of people losing weight and people not recognizing them, but you would think that would happen a bit closer to goal!

I still have the same face, and it's still round. I guess if you're just glancing quickly from the neck down, you truly wouldn't recognize me.

Funny...

3 comments:

Alison... said...

It's extra funny that she didn't think she had seen you in years when she saw you all the time - she must have remembered you skinny.

Kristen said...

nooo - she didn't say she hadn't seen me in years - just that it had been a while. we're on a team together, she knows it's been recent. she was just coming up with a silly explanation of why she didn't recognize me, rather than saying "Oh Kristen, I didn't recognize you without that extra 110 lbs!"

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, who is this? Do I know you?