Monday, April 14, 2008

Ice out!

Today we're calling Ice Out on the Piscataquog...at least that's what Billy told me yesterday. Considering he's been here for 51 years, I think he has it on good authority. :)

Ice out is when all the ice has melted and you can get your boat into each area of the water, unobstructed. When we left on Friday, our cove was still frozen over and when we came back yesterday, the ice was all gone! What a nice surprise!

It's time for me to buy a kayak!

We had a great weekend in Salisbury. I still can't get over the difference I feel when I'm out and about. Saturday night, Steph dropped us all off down town without a car. Alison realized she didn't have her purse on her, so I offered to run back to the house to get it. It's not that far, but it's about 2/3rds - 3/4ths of a mile from where we were. I literally jogged back to the house to get it, without thinking twice.

Who am I? I'm not sure, but I like it!

Sunday, we were cleaning the house, and Alison said to me: "I love this new skinny Kristen - you just buzz around the house cleaning lickety split like it's nothing!"

I love this new Kristen too. I'm faaaaar from skinny, but I can't imagine how much energy I'll have when I'm at my goal weight if I'm this energetic now. I know I've said that before, but I just keep surprising myself with my energy level.

Today I was up a few lbs, as I always am when I'm not the one cooking my food for several meals in a row. I think I'm bloated. I don't think I actually gained weight.

Today is Darcy's birthday - Happy Birthday, Darce!

She has asked me to cook roast beef with gravy, mashed potatoes, corn and rolls for dinner. I think it will be yummy. I'm making the potatoes with Smart Balance light and fat free milk, and I bought a jar of fat free gravy, rather than using all the fat drippings from the roast. I'm going to sautee onions and mushrooms and add them to the gravy to give it more flavor.

She won't know that I've made the meal low fat. It will be our little secret. Shhhhh!

Ice out means the summer is very close by. I can't wait. Last summer was a blast, and I can't imagine how much better this one will be now that I've left nearly 110 lbs behind (and hopefully 130 by the time it actually is summer!).

Enjoy the sunny day.

2 comments:

Alison... said...

Good thing you gf doesn't [regularly] read your blog - she won't know the secret...

LOL

I find that the Mccormic's powdered gravy is good too [sounds gross but it's not], just add water and heat - and it's low fat. I like it better than the low fat jar stuff but I'm sure when you add the mushrooms and onions, the jar stuff will be delish. I have no doubt...

Anonymous said...

Oh my head....you are going to have even more energy? I am not sure that is possible.