Thursday, April 3, 2008

In case you were wondering...

Liquids are not overly filling.

So far today, I have had 3 carnation instant breakfasts (8 oz each), and one cup of reduced sodium tomato soup. I have had enough fiber to ignite a small fire, but that's another story.

Yesterday was so insanely busy, I only had time to eat one half cup of broth and one carnation instant breakfast...just over 200 calories.

I was down to my 105 loss this AM, but still no more than that. How much less can I eat? Joking - I know that 200 calories per day is far from ideal. That always ends up happening to me the first day after I'm filled.

Today I will end up at about 720 calories, 30 grams of fiber and 55 grams of protein...yet I'm much more hungry then when I eat 720 calories worth of real food. Liquid goes right through the band - that's the problem. It bypasses my wonderful tiny little pouch and dumps right into the vast black hole that is my stomach...not very helpful, as you can imagine!

As of tomorrow night, I'm in mushville again. Eggs, eggs and eggs will probably be my menu, and by Sunday night, I'm back on big boy food. I wish today was Sunday because it's BEAUTIFUL out, and I want to have a cook out tonight. I'm loving these long days of spring!!

Technically, that wouldn't work, as it's nearly 5:30 PM, and I'm still at work with no hope of leaving anytime soon. My chair and desk set up is really bothering my back and arms, so I may have to finish up from home. That will be hard, though, because I really want to get my work out out of the way, and if I go home now, I'll do that, and then I'll get back to the house at 7:00 or 7:30 and I'll have to finish work then.

If my life doesn't sound fun to you, I apologize. I really do enjoy myself. Reading my daily schedule makes me sound like a very boring regimented person, but I assure you, I'm fulfilled, and I have fun whatever I do...except when things at work are really bad... My weekends are filled with friends and fun and good foods and sunshine and laughter. I should make my weekdays weekends too. !

2 comments:

lanie said...

About that work "position"...can't anything be done to help? Have you tried different types of chairs? Probally have...just wondering. More snow-Yuk!!!

Andria said...

Wow! I love the attitude you have in the last paragraph. I find routine makes me a calmer happier person, and I think we are similar like that. You sound so happy and I'm really glad for you!