Wednesday, May 14, 2008

You couldn't tip it if you tried!

Lanie and Billy loaned me and D their kayak so we could try it out before buying one. Lanie warned us that it's very tippy and wobbley feeling, so be careful. The other night, we had two experienced kayakers over, and they told us not to worry - you couldn't tip it if you tried - especially on flat water. Okay, cool.

Yesterday I went out in their kayak, and it did feel tippy, but I got the hang of it quickly, and I was fine. I was trying to convince D to give it a try, but she was afraid because it was tippy. I remembered the advice from our friends the other night, so to prove the point, I started rocking the kayak from side to side, yelling to shore, "You can't tip it if you tri----"

Famous last words.

Before I got the word "tried" out, I had managed to dump myself into a big sea of milfoil (an exotic plant species that is overtaking our waterbody, but don't worry, I'm on it), fully clothed, jeans, hat, shoes and all! It was hilarious, and I was trying to laugh, but I took in some water into my mouth, and I think my body was shocked from the cold water, so I couldn't get any words out.

Poor Darcy went from laughing hysterically to worrying for my life because I couldn't speak, and she couldn't see me behind the kayak. It was hilarious, but YES, you can certainly tip it if you try.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy you give active a whole new meaning...lol

Alison... said...

as hercules once said, 'don't know my own strength'

stoop

lanie said...

Thanks! Had a good cry...from laughing!LOL!!!