Thursday, May 8, 2008

Temptations

Not those Temptations, you silly goose!

I'm talking about FOOOOOOD temptations!

I just came back from a working lunch that I had at Not Your Average Joe's. They have THE best bread and oil dip around...seriously. I already picked out my meal online prior to going, and I planned to have a little bit of the bread + oil.

When I got there, however, I decided it just wasn't worth it. I looked at the bread and dip longingly, many times, but I couldn't bring myself to indulge. Maybe it was because the person I was meeting with greeted me by saying how fabulous I looked...maybe it was because I secretly was worried the bread would get stuck (doubt it)... who knows, but I watched my lunch partner eat just one small serving, and I realized, once again, that's how the skinny people do it. Just have a little bit!!
Not for me, though. Not today. Instead I ordered flank steak with sweet potatoes. The steak was overcooked, and it kept getting stuck going down. Gross/annoying. I had a little bit of meat, and a little sweet potato, and that was that. I'm back in my office now eating fruit, and it's yummy.
Oh! The worst part is that I got a to go order for Karen, and I realized they gave me bread and oil for that too! I had to be good TWICE in a row. Tonight I'll probably eat pasta to make up for how good I was today. Kidding!!!
I have no idea what's for dinner, but I think I'm in the mood for a grilled chicken salad. Yum. :)

4 comments:

Alison... said...

It's comforting to know that I'm not the only person who struggles with temptations but you stay on track way better than I do. When was the last time you consued over 1000 calories?

Please... have the bread for goodness sake.

Kristen said...

nothing tastes as good as thin feels. LOL - my mother used to say that to me allll the time. whenever i hear that, i want to eat a giant bacon burger with fries!!!

i'm averaging 750 - 850 calories per day, but there are days when i'm over 1000, it's just very rare

Alison... said...

yes, I want to eat a giant bacon burger and fries after reading that... and I don't even like either one, so there you go.

Anonymous said...

Good for you and your commitment. Great job and another win for you!