Friday, May 2, 2008

Hurry up and Weight

My new thing, apparently, is having a big loss one week, and then nothing the next. I hate the weeks when the scale doesn't move. I keep thinking I'm doing something wrong. Then I have a big loss the next week, and I'm on top of the world, followed by another stagnant week. Why is my body torturing me like this?

I lost nothing 3 weeks ago, then 7 lbs last week, followed by nothing (so far) this week. This week, the scale has been very strange. Some days I'm up 5 lbs, and then the next day I'm at my lowest again. Yesterday I was at my lowest, today I'm up 4. I know I'm not really up 4 lbs, but the scale says I am. I'm not a fan of not losing *and* being up 4 lbs...not a fan at all...

I know that I'm averaging a 2-3 lb loss per week, which is double what I "should" be losing at this point with the band, so I have nothing to complain or worry about. If it bothers me that much, I shouldn't weigh myself every day, but it's okay...it doesn't bother me that much. Daily weighing keeps me on track. When I'm down, I want to stay down, so it motivates me. When I'm up, I want to get back down, so that motivates me too. I just really prefer when it's down. Can you blame me?

I think this strange weight loss pattern has to do with my strength training. I keep going up on the weights at the gym, and it takes a bit for my body to adjust to that, so then I have a big loss, and then I up my weights again, and my body adjusts again. I may be wrong, for all I know, but I may be right. ;-)

2 comments:

Alison... said...

I think you're right and after having lost 115 in 7 months, you're losing faster than the average - OBV... so relax type A, you'll get to goal fast enough.

Anonymous said...

Listen to Ali