Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Rock Rimmon

As I mentioned to one of my online Yahoo groups the other day, I live in an outdoor enthusiast's paradise. I didn't even really realize it last year when we moved here. I mean, I noticed the water, of course. I had a BLAST swimming and boating, but there's so much more around me!

I bought a kayak yesterday, and last night, D and I went kayaking. It was so much fun! We have bike trails right across the street from us, and we have a mountain practically in our back yard. It is a very small mountain, Rock Rimmon, (450 ft), but a mountain nonetheless.

Yesterday I climbed it twice. Once with Darcy and a second time with Carolyn. By the time Carolyn and I went up, the sun was setting, and it was so pretty up there. Darcy and I mainly followed the trail, but Carolyn and I climbed right up the rock itself directly. That was FUN! I never dreamed I'd be scaling the side of a rock for amusement/exercise. I love it.

Here are some pics from the top of the summit:



I have a coat tied around my waist. It's not all pudge. ;-)


The top of the summit is cool. On one side, you can see almost all of Manchester, and on the other side, it's all mountains.

3 comments:

Alison... said...

you went from one extreme to another.

it's scary

but it's good that you're out doing things and enjoying it to much.

Kristen said...

yes...i do tend to be an extremeist...ya think?! ;-) why is it scary? i looooove everything i'm doing now. i probably always would have loved it before too, but i couldn't get out of my own weigh. ;0)

Alison... said...

nice pun.

i'm just afraid what you will be like when you're at goal, you'll be some crazy extreme adventurist and I will be worried.