Saturday, May 10, 2008

Confessional


You know how I was so good the other day? Avoiding the delicious bread and oil that I love? Well..... yesterday I was not so good. D and I decided to go to the movies last night (saw Baby Mama - very cute, but I'm easy), and I just adore movie theater popcorn, so I planned for it in my calories, and I decided to have it for dinner.

I ordered a small (which is about a third of the size of the bucket pictured above) - that's 580 calories (with butter), and 47 grams of fat. Oh, is that all? I knew this, though, and as I said, I had saved up my calories, and I knew it was an unhealthy choice, but I rarely make unhealthy choices, so I figured, why not? It's not like I'm acting on impulse, or going over my daily calories...
.
I ate the entire bag. For some reason, popcorn goes right through the band. Danger! I was thinking I'd eat half the bag, but I saved the calories for the whole bag, just in case. Good thing! Thankfully, my appetite is much smaller than before (when I could eat an extra large popcorn AFTER eating dinner - holy moly!), so I was full after the small, but I was still able to eat the whole thing.
.
I woke up this morning feeling like junk. I feel like I chugged down an entire salt shaker in my sleep. I didn't add any salt to the popcorn, but it must have been LOADED with sodium. My body feels like junk today, and I was up a few lbs this morning. I know I didn't actually gain weight, but I'm totally bloated.
.
Today, I'm going to detox my body: I had a sugar free carnation instant breakfast for breakfast, I'll probably have the same for lunch, and I'll have fruits and veggies for snacks during the day. We are having company for dinner, so I'll probably grill out (weather permitting), but all I'll have is a very lean protein and veggies. Also, I plan to drink a ton of water to flush out my system, and hopefully, I'll work up a good sweat today as part of my detox as well.
.
I am afraid this is the end of the road for me and my old friend movie theater popcorn. I don't like it the way I used to, and I don't believe in putting things in my body that end up making me feel this way. I enjoy going to the movies, but next time, I'll have dinner first, and I'll skip the popcorn.


5 comments:

Alison... said...

I cannot believe you were a little bad and now you're starving yourself today to make up for it - oh my head...

Kristen said...

LOL - I'm not starving myself as punishment for being bad, and I don't considere myself bad either. I'm cleansing myself because my body feels like junk. Usually I feel healthy, and I don't like the way I feel today, so I'm fixing it. That's all! :)

Alison... said...

fixing it by starving.

sicky

Carmen said...

Ohhh I soo love movie theater popcorn. I can eat it to no end, but it usually ends up making me super sick. Perhaps it's the 'partially hydrogenated soy bean oil' aka weird butter that tastes so yummy. It's a love hate relationship we have so I tend to avoid it altogether as well...we'll be sad about that together!

lanie said...

How awesome that your body is telling you "be nice to me"! Makes healthy choices a piece of cake! NPI!