Monday, May 5, 2008

What is going on?


This morning I was really hungry. I had a Smart Ones frozen dinner for breakfast - 230 calories, 4 g fiber. It took me 30 minutes to get through because I kept getting full, but I finally finished it (cold), and within 30 minutes I was hungry again! I ate a 100 calorie curves bar (5 grams of fiber - fiber is supposed to stick to your bones), and that barely held me over either.

I ate a fairly small grilled chicken salad for lunch at 11:30, and now I'm stuffed. I don't get it. I haven't lost anything still...the scale just isn't moving. Some days I'm up a few lbs of water weight, but in general, I'm just staying at my lowest. It's only been about a week since I lost something, so it's not that bad, but I'd like to lose a few more lbs before my fill next week. I'm only down 10 lbs since my last fill, which was 5 weeks ago, so I've lost 2 lbs/week since this last fill. The fill before that, I averaged over 3 lbs/week. I'd love to lose another 5 lbs in the next 8 days before my next fill to put me back at the 3lbs/week average, but we'll see. I hope to have a good loss this week since I didn't lose anything last week.


In the mean time, I'm hungry, I'm stuffed, what is going on?

3 comments:

Alison... said...

no clue what's going on but I am sure you either researched it on-line or will later on when you have the time.

In the mean time, you're still Dr. Randall's star pupil at the head of the class w/ your loss and I'm sure he will be impressed by your 10 pound loss [even if you don't lose another pound, which you will] on your next fill.

Anonymous said...

Overachievers are always so impatient!!

lanie said...

I bet your thyriod or other metabolic function is off. You are over tired, and thats got to have some sort of effect on your body. You told me your body needs to get "use to" a lower weight for a while before you should lose more. It needs to "adjust". Well Dr. K, what's good for the goose...