Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Kristen, you are glowing!

Am I? Why, thank you!

I visited one of our hospitals today that I hadn't been to in a while. Everyone I saw commented on how much weight I lost and how great I looked. It was very nice! Mental note: visit them more often!

One of the members of my team couldn't get over how different I looked, and he said my whole persona has changed, and I appear to be glowing. Then he asked me if I was PREGNANT! First of all, someone trying to lose weight does not wish to appear pregnant. Second, he knows very well I would not be in a position to be pregnant, and what a joke that is knowing how un-maternal I am. Not to mention, boys are gross. ;) He was kidding, and I know he was saying it as a reference to the glow, not because I actually looked pregnant.

One of the reasons I got so many comments today was because I'm wearing an outfit that actually fits me. Well, D said the jacket is too big, but it's not drowning me like everything else. I can't wait to be at goal and be able to finally invest in clothes that look good on me. That will be nice!

Until then, I'm shopping at Walmart and any other cheap place to get me through. This past weekend I bought 3 shirts at LL Bean for $10! That's what I need - disposable clothing!

3 comments:

Alison... said...

it's great to lose weight but not so great having to buys clothes at every size, obv... but you do look much thinner when you're wearing clothes that aren't too big, obv.

glad your sunnyness is shining even brighter with every pound you shed.

Kristen said...

I'm sure you are! ;0-)

Anonymous said...

You are glowing, and happier, and every good thing that goes with this journey you have embarked on. Your future's so bright, your gonna have to wear shades!!