Monday, May 12, 2008

Active Day!


D and I bought mountain bikes today! Cheap ones because we are both beginners, but bikes nonetheless! We did about 3 miles today, which isn't a big deal, but it was a great start! It was sooo much fun. We are so lucky to live on the water, and we can ride our bikes along the waterfront. What an exhilarating experience. It's VERY hilly near us, so going up is tough, but down is FUN!!! I probably haven't ridden a bike in 15 or 18 years, and I didn't realize how much I missed it!
After our bike ride, we played tennis and basketball in a nearby park. We went to the driving range too, but it was closed. :(
We had a blast outside, but my bum is sore from the bike! Hopefully, I'll get used to that soon! Lanie says I need a girl seat, and that will be better, so I'll look into that soon.
I love the nice weather!!!
(D is sore and not loving me so much right now for putting her through this. Hopefully the Ben and Jerry's ice cream I bought her will make her sweet for me again. ) ;-)

2 comments:

Alison... said...

biking is an excellent form of exercise, way to go! enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Can you get me a picture of yourself in a helmet please. Let the good times roll!! Get it, bike humor!