Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Truth be told


I did not end up going to the support group last night. I just had too much work to do, so I couldn't. My computer was having network issues, so I left work at 4:30 to work the rest of the day from home. I got home at 5, worked for another hour, took a break to climb Rock Rimmon, and went back to work until 8:30.

Rock Rimmon only took me 15 minutes total to climb up and down. It's getting to be way too easy for me, and I went up the harder way this time. I would have done it again, but my allergies were killing me and I needed to get back to work.

I didn't have anything to eat for breakfast today, and my commute was 2 hrs this morning, so I stopped along the way at McDonalds. There are no good breakfast options out there on the go. I'm so sick of breakfast bars. I ordered the breakfast burrito, not the old ones, but the newer bigger one.

I ripped off the top of it to get to the protein part, and it looked gross. I had one bite, and I threw it out. It was gross and too fattening. I was hoping they were offering it as a healthy alternative to their other items, but I was very wrong. I looked it up when I got to my office, and it has 610 calories. Nice way to start the day!
.
Today they decided to order pizza for us at work, and they ordered salad for me and the other non-pizza eaters. Unfortunately, the salad didn't have any protein, but it's better than nothing. I do feel hungry, though. All I've had is one bite of a gross burrito and a small plate of lettuce and cucumbers.
.
This afternoon, I'm going to tea at the Four Seasons. I never thought I would utter those words. ;-) I'll probably be stahvin by then, but I'm not sure if I can have anything they are serving: finger sandwiches, light-as-air pastries and freshly baked scones served with clotted cream and homemade preserves, the menu may feature afternoon tea with a new twist, such as poached quail eggs with truffle mayonnaise on white toast, smoked Scottish salmon on granary bread, or a Maldavian tuna chapatti.
.
I need to get gas before I go, so hopefully I can find some type of healthy meal bar there.
Oh! I almost forgot. I'm down another 2 lbs today for a total of 124, 11 lbs away from losing Carmen!

4 comments:

Alison... said...

I told you to get the flatbread sandwich at Dunks, I knew anything at McD's would be too greasy for you. Maybe you didn't pass a dunks...

Have a finger sandwich at the tea if you can't find a bfast bar at the gas station...

I aplaud you for not having pizza after having no bfast and been hungry. I would have indulged in a slice.

Kristen said...

Not if everyone you work with is so proud of you for your progress! LOL

I tried to go to Dunks, but it was too far out of the way. Bumma.

lanie said...

Why not breakfast at Tiffany's??? ;)!

Anonymous said...

High Tea, too funny! I wish I had been a fly on the wall. Menu sounded horrible, I would have left hungry as well.