Thursday, May 1, 2008

Cloud 9


Lately, I can't go anywhere without people telling me how good I look. THANKS!! :) At the second day of our seminar, I can't even count how many people told me that I looked great, etc... I also was a victim of about 74 once overs. People I spoke to that I hadn't seen in a while were giving me the up and down look, blatantly...several people! It was a riot.
TJ told me he kept seeing people check me out when I wasn't looking as well. I think because I had on pants that fit, people were just trying to figure out exactly what had happened to me.
I know some people are uncomfortable when people tell them they look like they lost weight - Not me! I love it. I feel bad that I didn't tell anyone I had the lap band. It's just that I'm worried they'll think that I took some easy way out, and I didn't have to work hard to accomplish what I have, as I've said before. Many people do not lose much weight with the lap band because they want it to do all the work for them, and that doesn't work.
I'll tell them all eventually, but for now, I'm just talking about healthy eating and exercising, and that's the truth!
PS - Thanks for all the awesome comments about my before and now pics. I'm totally blushing! Yes, Carmen, I picked out the pin stripes all by myself! Are you proud? ;-)

3 comments:

Alison... said...

I'm glad that people are noticing more and more. All that hard work isn't just to be healthy, the compliments are a plus too, obv.

good work.

Carmen said...

seriously so proud! they are way stylish and not very boyish...hmmm...what's going on here?

Anonymous said...

You are pretty like suede! You know that is the highest compiment I can give!

Imagine what people will say when you hit your goal weight! I saw more than a few people at the meeting mentally thinking, hmmm, she looks better than before.