Monday, May 19, 2008

It's the new Jan Brady!


I don't know where the old me went, but she appears to have left the building. I can't get enough of nature and outdoor activity lately. This weekend I thought about how cool it would be to have an outdoor job, but then I realized if I somehow found a job I could do outside, I probably wouldn't be able to afford to live in my own little outdoor paradise anymore, so that was a quick veto.
.
This weekend was great! Saturday we climbed Rock Rimmon, and D made it up the rock part without using the trail! Then D bought a kayak, and we went kayaking up the river. It was so much fun. It's great when exercise is both good for cardio and relaxing at the same time! After that, we went on a boat ride, and I showed D how fast it goes when there's only 2 people in the boat!
.
After that, I mowed the lawn, and then took over for Darcy who was weekwacking after, and I weedwacked the other half of the lawn. Last year, it hurt my back terribly to mow the lawn. I could only do half, and it was painful. This year, it's easy like Sunday morning. The difference is amazing. Last year, if I mowed the lawn, I would be junk for the rest of the day. This year, I mow the lawn after climbing a (small) mountain and kayaking! Wow! It really is the new Jan Brady!
.
Yesterday I went biking in the morning, and I made it up a ridiculously steep hill by my house. After that we went to breakfast with Lanie and Casey, and then ran some errands. When we got home, we went kayaking, and had so much fun, again. Darcy's arms were throbbing terribly, but she didn't want to go home! It was cute. Then we went over to Lanie and Billy's for a cookout/Celtics game (Go Celts!!). As usual, they put out quite a spread. Billy said when he has grilled sausages, onions and peppers for a Celtics game 7, they have never lost, so naturally, he had to do his part. I brought chicken sausages and macaroni and cheese (not the healthy version). I used to LOVE that stuff last summer, and I didn't even try a bite yesterday. It didn't even occur to me to.
.
Lately I've found that I have to remind myself to eat. I am often only eating 500 calories per day, and I know that's not good. Yesterday I had 428. The day before that I had 495. You would think with that few calories, as active as I been the weight should be falling off me, but that is not the case. I think I'm just way too low on the calories, but I will work on that.
.
I'm down a lb today to make a total of 122, 13 lbs away from losing Carmen! This is the week when I lose weight, since last week wasn't. I hope I have another 5-7 lb loss this week. That would be fantastic!
.
As usual, I will keep you posted.

4 comments:

Alison... said...

yes, you certainly have changed and it's great that you enjoy all those acitivities but you do need to eat. You're not consuming nearly the calories you should and it's not just last weekend, it's all the time... it's not good!

Kristen said...

I know, I know... I've started a bad habit of only eating 2 meals each day. That's all I *feel* like I need, which is why I'm glad I postponed my last fill. I've rescheduled it for 5/27, but I may postpone that as well. I don't want to start eating 300 per day. I bet some people who have surgery develop eating disorders. I can see how that would be easy, since you were at one extreme before. Don't worry, I'm not one of them!!

Anonymous said...

Well I am tired just reading this. Yay for the new active Kristen, and as a result Darcy. You will probably be on the cover of a kayaking/recruitment magazine anyday now.

Kristen said...

I just love kayaking/recruitment magazine. It's my favorite! LOL - where did you come from??