Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Is that really you?



Is that you?

Someone who I have worked with for about 3 and a half years, who I see just about every week, did not recognize me today. I just spent the entire day with him two weeks ago, so it's not like he hasn't seen me much.

I called down the hall to say hi to him, and he paused and then said hi. A few minutes later, I walked by his office, and he called me in to tell me that he had no idea who I was when he saw me earlier.

He had noticed I'd been losing weight, but he couldn't believe the difference today! (I once again had a suit on that fit me.) He asked me how much I'd lost total, and I told him 125, and he was shocked.

People I work with know me as a work horse, putting everything in my life behind work. My first few years here, I worked constantly and never took time for my health. I had to drastically change my lifestyle to put my health first, as I've shared before, and that is the message I tell everyone who wants to know how I did this, and that is what I shared with him.

3 comments:

Alison... said...

that's great!

Of course you look drastically different but I don't get how he didn't notice a few weeks ago and now he did. It must make a huge difference when you wear clothes that fit correctly. You are going to have to keep that up

Obv

Kristen said...

it could be quite expensive to keep that up, but thank you for the positive feedback, as always!! :)

Anonymous said...

It is true, when you wear clothes more tailored, it really accentuates your weight loss. PYT