Thursday, August 28, 2008

You look awesome!


I look terrible today. My suit is too big, and my hair is just awful. I need a cut...BAD. I tried to get Darcy to cut it the other night, but she was tired and mumbled something about how if it was too short, it wouldn't make my suit look as good... I know that was a line of donkey poo because she likes my hair short more than anyone!

Anyway, I am seeing a bunch of people I haven't seen in a long time, and some people are afraid to say that you've lost weight...they think that may offend you by somehow implying you were overweight before.

Moi?



Noo, I was never overweight. That large person in the red shirt was merely big boned! :)

I don't mind one bit when people tell me I look like I've lost weight. I clearly have, and I was clearly extremely large before. It wasn't a secret, and I think everyone knew. LOL

Anyway, there are still those overly sensitive folks who are afraid to tell me I look thinner, so they tell me I look great! or awesome! or fabulous!!, and ironically, I always seem to run into these people when I do not look great, awesome or fabulous. So they give me this nice compliment, and I have to take it, but I feel silly because I look baaaaad. Maybe not as bad as when I was a lot bigger, but compared to my good days, bad.

I can't have all new clothes at once. The suits I was thrilled to fit into a few months ago now look silly on me, and it is what it is. I have to wear them until I can't, and I'm not getting new clothes every time I drop a few lbs.

I guess I could at least have nice hair...DARCE! ;-)

5 comments:

Alison... said...

I miss calling you fatty

oops... is that insensitive?

sowy.

;-)

Kristen said...

why the heck can't you call me fatty? i do it all the time!

Alison... said...

cuz you're skinny

stupid

totwotoo said...

About the hair. Yo Momma likes longer hair.

Kristen said...

Well thank goodness my mama isn't my hairdresser. ;-) xo!!

PS - on all of my blogs, *this* is the one you comment on?? hahaha