Tuesday, August 12, 2008

1 lb of fat (gross)


That is a replica of one lb of fat; the mug is just a reference point. Oh, Planet Hollywood. Whatever happened to you? I used to love that place when I was younger. I went to the one in New York a few times, and I met some great C and D list folks. I loved that place mat with all the celebrity high school photos, but they probably should have updated it every, oh, decade or so...
.
I'm getting off point. I lost a lb. Yay. I thought my body was on strike for lack of exercise. I'm now down 153, 2 lbs away from losing Marcel/lo. I'm going to train like Rocky today (yes, I just watched Rocky VI, aka Rocky Balboa this weekend, so hence, the outdated reference) to lose those last 2 lbs...not really...I'm still wheezy and coughy. I don't feel as weak or out of it as I was over the weekend, but the annoying symptoms are still present.
.
I can't believe how contagious this thing is. I caught it from my Mom, I think, and I've given it to Darcy, Stephanie and Caroline. I haven't seen anyone else, and it's probably a good thing, because I think they would have it too!
.
Yesterday was loads of fun. I worked on one project for 11 hours straight. It was all based on a 15 page excel spreadsheet, and I thought I was going to go blind by the end of the day. After that fun, I watched an hour of TV with Darcy, but she went to bed at 8 (because I got her sick), so I decided to do some homework and a little more work. I continued on with that excitement until 10, and then I went to bed. I woke up coughing at 5, and I've been up since then, but it was better than the night before when I was up half the night.
.
My mother warned me that this thing lasts forever. I can handle the annoying cough and wheeze and runny nose, but just keep the weak and tired stuff away. Deal? Deal.
.
Don't forget to wash your hands! (I hear there's something going around.)

2 comments:

Alison... said...

Yay on losing the 1 pound...

and no offense dear but I don't think I am going to stop by your house tonight -

I don't want your and Darcy's germs!

Anonymous said...

So glad I have not seen you. I do not want whatever it is you have!! Yay for losing one more pound. You are transforming yourself from week to week. 2 more pounds till Marcel/lo. That is Crazy!!