Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Loser!

This is my friend TJ. Yes, he is wearing scrubs, but no, he is not a doctor. He just plays one on Halloween...yes, every Halloween. Why am I calling him a loser? Because it's funny!

Noooo, I'm not calling him a loser. I am calling myself a loser, and this fine specimen is going to be my next person lost. TJ weighs in at a lean and muscular 177 lbs. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but he appears to have a cigarette in his right hand. That is before he quit smoking. He is doing a FABULOUS job, and we are so proud of him. You can read all about his journey on his blog. He is hilarious, and his blog is much more entertaining than mine.

So I'm 22 lbs away from losing my dear TJ (you know him from the comments as "Tom" - he thinks that's his grown up name or something). In the last 2 months, I've averaged a 2.25 lb loss per week. If I continue along that path, which would be swell, I will ditch TJ by mid to late October, and I could be down as much as 170 lbs by my one year bandiversary date (10/3). That would be cool, because I was originally hoping for 150!

I have about 40 lbs left to go to reach my original goal, although I will continue to evaluate it as I get closer and closer. I had planned to reach my original goal in February, but if I continue at this pace, I'll hit it by the end of 2008. I can't imagine what I will do with myself once I'm at goal.

What details will I bore you with then?

I'm sure I'll have plenty. ;0-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My, what a handsome chap. I am sure now that he is not smoking he is even more handsome

Kristen said...

I am sure indeed!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you only have 40 pounds to go. That is soo exciting. I predict it will all be gone before Thanksgiving.

Alison... said...

I can't imagine you would have 40 pounds left... that's not correct... you need to lose TJ and be done with it.

TJ - We'll miss you!

PS - Nice pic!

Jenafah said...

We all be so lucky to should lose TJ!

Kristin - I had been telling TJ that I was dying to see a current fluu body shot of you to compare it with your before picture! I cannot get over how much weight you lost! You look so thin - I am having trouble picturing you lose another 40! You are going to look like Kate Moss!

lanie said...

All i can say is WOW! You look Marcel/loless! (Brazilian for marvelous!) Congrats!!!