Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Finding the right size



I need some new shirts. Everything I have is either way too big or too small. The stuff I have inherited is all women's clothing, so while the pants fit, the shirts are ridiculous. I put on a women's button down shirt yesterday that fit me fine around, but my long arms were sticking out 4 inches past the cuff. I have really wide shoulders, so shirts are hard for me. I need to go shopping tonight because I have a new (to me) suit that I'm happy to wear (as it fits) but I have nothing to wear under it.

Yesterday was extremely busy. I was working and on the go until 9PM, and my mind wouldn't stop racing with all I had going on. I couldn't sleep last night, and I was up most of the night so today I'm dragging. I should have purchased a coffee on the way in.

Speaking of which, I cannot eat and drive. When you are banded, you have to be able to eat slowly. If you take too big of a bite, the food gets stuck and it's very painful. You can either suffer through it or spit it up. I know, gross. (Not as gross as being 200 lbs overweight, though)

Yesterday I stopped by Dunkins on the way to a meeting, and I purchased an ice coffee and a turkey sausage multigrain flat bread for lunch. I didn't realize it, but they gave me a turkey, bacon and cheese flat bread - not what I ordered. Oh well - I didn't have time to get anything else, and I started to eat the sandwich while driving. I was in a rush, and I wasn't thinking, and all of the sudden, I had a giant golf ball feeling in my chest (technically, my esophagus).

It wouldn't go away, and it was very painful, and I ended up having to spit up my food into a bag that almost started leaking all over my suit. Nice. Very nice.

So, I must plan to be much better about planning to eat when I have time (which isn't always possible), and no more attempts at eating in the car when I am distracted.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...I have never met someone that has to make themselves go shopping. Most people that lose weight love to shop. Get on some new heels and kick'em up at the mall.

Alison... said...

I have to make myself shop too, natch...

TJ's met me I think -

I hear you on not liking/wanting to shop but now that you're thinner, it should be fun... I get it that you don't want to spend too much money on clothes now since you're not at goal though. It feels like a waste but it's a nessessity of course.

And your shoulders are a lot more narrow than before -

Just buy a few inexpensive shirts that will last a few weeks or a month and you'll be fine.

Thanks for sharing the gross DD story - ick.

Anonymous said...

Dresses fit much easier

Kristen said...

stoops

Alison... said...

You mean stoop, singular -

TJ's the one who told you to buy a dress, not moi

Just sayin

lanie said...

I'd pay to see that! Sorry bout that painful episode! Thankfully you COULD get it out!

lanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.