Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Update from the MD



I went to the MD, and she gave me meds for bronchitis as well as a new type of inhaler. She said it sounded like I was only getting a tiny bit of air into my lungs (not surprising, as I haven't been able to breathe in weeks), and that I'm very sick. I don't know if she is just being motherly or what, but she's very sweet. She said she's very concerned about me, and I need to take a few days to rest.

I have so many things on my plate right now, I don't know how I can rest, but I may work from home for a few more days. I'm at one of the hospitals now, and I don't want to see anyone because apparently I look so pale. That's what my doctor said. She said everyone must be telling me how pale I look. LOL

She was concerned that the bronchitis may have blossomed into pneumonia, so she sent me to the hospital for a chest x-ray. In the picture above, you can see lungs that are cloudy as a result of pneumonia. I don't know my results yet, but I'll keep you posted.

In the mean time, I'm hoping the new (stronger) inhaler will work, as well as the drugs. She prescribed me something with codeine too, so maybe I can sleep through the night! That will be a good start. Overall, I don't feel deathly, just weak, tired, a little shakey, and the whole coughing and inability to breathe thing...I really was much worse at the beginning...

5 comments:

Alison... said...

I'm glad you finally went to the dr's and are getting the meds... I know you don't like to take anti biotics too often in fear that you will become immune but when you need them, you need them - bronchitis and/or pneumonia doesn't get better by resting only!

I know you have a lot on your plate but PLEASE try to get some rest. Even if you can take one full day completely off and take the meds, it will help tremendously...

try!

lanie said...

I'm so sorry you're still so sick! Please listen to Mother Alison! Get some REAL rest! Sounds like you need 48 hours of NOTHING!!!

Anonymous said...

You poor kid. Are you sure you are not the smoker? I can't breathe either but mine is self inflicted. I think Ali is right. You need to take some time to rest. If you get really sick you will be out more than a few days

Anonymous said...

PS: Even your skeleton looks skinny....lol

Kristen said...

LOL - it's not my skeleton!