Monday, August 18, 2008

Junk food


I seem to be in a little bit of a funk. I'm a very happy person, so being in a funk for me is probably like being normal for most. I'm not upset or depressed, I'm just a little bit blah. I've been sick for a while now, and it's draining. Plus, I *really* miss working out and feeling healthy.
.
When I feel sick and lazy, it makes me feel gross and fat. I don't make as good of choices with food. We have some leftover junk in the house from the cook out. I don't even like junk food, but I feel like junk, so when I pass the chips, I take a few...not many, but whatever...I don't feel good. Not feeling well seems to be a crutch for me.
.
I grazed on chips 4 times today, which ended up being a total serving, and a giant waste of 175 calories. The salad I ordered was late, so I had 3 slices of salami - they were thin slices, but still, another 100 calories. I only eat 1000 calories a day, and I already wasted almost 300 of them! I almost never feel tempted to eat bad things when I'm healthy, but when I'm sick, I'm useless.
.
I need to remove the temptation, because apparently I can't handle it. I threw out all the left over junk food from the weekend, and now I can easily see all of my healthy food in the refrigerator. It's easy to grab something quick and easy when you're in a hurry, and sometimes it's more work to pick out the healthier options... By making sure that healthy foods are in plain view, it's easier to pick them!
.
I also sorted through my clothes again, and I have 3 more bags of clothes that are too big. It's funny seeing the things that I just bought a few months ago in my fat clothes pile. I remember trying to squeeze into the jeans and being so excited when I finally could button them...now they wouldn't even stay up...
.
I'm really hoping that tomorrow I will be well enough to work out. I am very eager to start feeling healthy again.

2 comments:

Alison... said...

Removing the temptation was a good plan!

Good work!

And you will feel better when you work out tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I see you have a photo of my weekly meal plan. Good for you removing the temptation, that is just one of the many healthy choices you make that has made this journey so successful for you. Good thing you never come over my hose anymore. All of my food falls in that category.