Monday, August 4, 2008

Two little monkeys


My mom, sister, and nephews arrived Saturday afternoon. Jack and Benny immediately changed into their bathing suits, and jumped into the water. It was fun playing with them! Jack is turning 6 in September, and Ben is turning 3 in a few days (August 9th, he's happy to tell you).
.
I haven't worked out since they got here, but I think I'm calling it even. These little boys love to climb on me, and run and jump into my arms as I swing them around. It is not uncommon for me to have both of them on my arms in the water, climbing on top of me, and wanting to be thrown.
I don't think my shoulders have ever had such a good work out. It's fun having them here!
.
Yesterday, we went out to Rita Mae's for breakfast, and the boys had Mickey Mouse pancakes. Jack is an exceptional reader, considering he hasn't even attended kindergarten yet, but had no problem reading out of my book "Speak Like a CEO," so he was reading all the signs at the restaurant, and it was very funny.
.
My mom and sister were sipping their coffee, and all of the sudden, Jack said, "I'm not cheap, I'm just on sale this week." What?! Oh, yeah, the sign on the pie rack. LOL! Benny is funny in his own way, in that he likes to growl randomly in restaurants. Everyone seemed to think he was funny, so that was a good thing!
.
We took the boat out to cupcake island, and we had so much fun! We played with a football, a beach ball, noodles, and then a rousing game of marco polo.
.
We came back to the house to prepare for some relatives coming over to visit. After dinner, I went swimming again with the boys. They go to bed early, but so did I last night! They wore me out!
.
I'm working from home this AM, and I have the afternoon off. I'm hoping to take them back out to cupcake island, and I'm going to see if I can get my sister tubing! I don't know how she does it all, between those boys, teaching college classes, being mother and wife of the year, etc... She is amazing! Speaking of that, she's making dinner tonight, and I can't wait!

5 comments:

Alison... said...

To say Jack is an exceptional reader is like saying you lost a few pounds this year -

5 years old and he reads at a college level - more than exceptional!

It's great that Stephanie is cooking dinner, it'll give you a nice break...

Enjoy!

Say hi to cupcake for me - LOL

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I am sure you are loving every single minute of being with your nephews. Finally somebody wore you out. Remind me to book Jack and Ben for any senior leadership meetings...lol.

Jenafah said...

Hey Kristin! Let me guess.... you are sporting your new little string bikini under that water?!

lanie said...

Shoot! It's 8:40 -too late to accidently stop by during dinner! I've read her blog and boy am i jealous!!! Glad you're having a great time with your family! P.S. Great pic with the boys!

Kristen said...

Jenefah - I swear you are PSYCHIC!!