Thursday, August 21, 2008

Acadia National Park


My mom left me a message after reading about my vacation quandary, and she suggested that I go to Acadia National Park in Maine for my birthday. Normally, I would think, yeah right. My idea of a vacation is not some crunchy tourist trap, but now, I think differently. Well, kind of. I wouldn't want to spend a whole week there, but a 4 day weekend would be great!
.
It's a great place to hike, bike, walk, explore, etc...all things active! In the past, all I wanted to do was relax on my vacations, but now, I love the prospect of going somewhere beautiful and being outside in nature. It's funny how things change.
.
I'm on the mend still, but I'm very tired today. I think it's just running its' course. My MD wasn't in yesterday, but I'll connect with her today. I think if I just continue to take my meds and lay low, I will kick this thing soon enough.
.
Happy Birthday to Jimmy, who turns 46 years young today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you're talking. Vacation is my kind of language. I must say you really have changed your thought process and you seem to relish doing all of this physical activity! Yeah for you.

Alison... said...

sounds fun!