Friday, August 29, 2008

Waddle away

I had quite the full chin action going on at the beginning of this journey, as you can see in my before picture. My chin was BIG! I'm getting a bit of a waddle as a result. It doesn't hang down, but the skin hasn't snippity snapped back into place as much as I would have liked.

I've read that after significant weight loss, it can take 1-2 years for your skin to shrink back into place. I'm lucky that I have youth on my side, but at the end of this weight loss, when I'm hopefully down 2 bills, I am going to have to have some pretty snazzy skin to hope it all shrinks back into place.

If I'm not happy with the way I am after all this work (and waiting to see if it does spring back somewhat), I'm going to get plastic surgery, absolutely. I won't be able to truly feel like a thin person if I end up having a deflated fat suit under my clothes.

I know that's gross, but I'm just being honest. I still have a good 40+ (or more) lbs to lose, so I don't know how I'll end up. I know that the more I work out, the better my chances are, but if it comes to it, nip/tuck, baby.

Plastic surgery is one thousand times worse than the lap band surgery, so I'm not looking forward to it. I've met lots of people on line that have had it, and it's totally gross. You're out of commission for like 6 weeks, and there are drain tubes (gag), and bruising and nastiness all around...BUT, the end result is fabulous.

So we'll see, but I just want to mentally prepare all of you that this may be in my future. Deep breath. ;-)

5 comments:

Stephanie Carnes said...

You know who else had a tummy tuck? Kate, from Jon and Kate Plus 8. :-)

I completely agree that you should do it if you need to!

Alison... said...

I'm glad she said it before I did but if you ever have the chance to watch the episode of the tummy tuck, the difference between before and after is ASTOUNDING! she went from skin so severely stretched out [after having given birth to 6 babies] that they called it 'jowls of the dog' which is exactly what her stomach looked like, to a perfectly flat, no stretch mark stomach - amazing.

Howevah, i am not convinced that you will need a tummy tuck or a chin tuck - you're young and it'll all snap back.

This is what I have to look forward to, huh?

Yay!

Kristen said...

Who cares! It's allll worth it!! LOL, Ali, I think my BS was joshing on you... haha

Alison... said...

yes, i saw the wink

you both suck

JK

Anonymous said...

Maybe you are a gay man? Plastic surgery??