Monday, August 11, 2008

Phat clothes

One of my friends lost a bunch of weight, but at her highest, she was a size 16. Last year, she brought me about eight bags of clothing that was too big for her. Darcy and I went through it, and I kept the suits in my closet, knowing I would have the lap band and they would eventually fit, and Darcy put the rest of the clothes in bins in the garage.

My new obsession is my need to clean out the garage, and since I was too sick to deal with it yesterday, we decided to start working on it by going through all of these clothes. As it turns out, the pants all fit me now! I was very surprised. I figured I could fit into certain size 16 pants, but not all of them, but pair after pair that I tried on kept fitting!

The next pair of men's shorts that I had to fit into were a size 34, so I decided to try those on last night, and they fit too! They were snug, but they fit. Size 16 women's and size 34 men's is slightly misleading for me, because while the bottoms fit, I still have a lot of weight on top to lose. I'm not even close to wearing the tops she gave us, although I did fit into a size large men's sweater, which I also found to be a miracle. :)

I'm still up a lb or two, but I know it will be gone tomorrow. Even though I weighed less on the scale a week ago, I didn't fit into the size 34 shorts, so my body is shrinking and catching up with my weight loss, and that is a really cool thing!

Yesterday I was back on track with healthy eating, and I had 902 calories for the day. I'm still sick with the cold, and I was up coughing all throughout the night (worse than the past 2 nights for some reason), so I may call the MD today to see if she thinks it's more than a cold/flu. I am looking forward to getting well so I can start working out again!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be fun to get a new wardrobe every few weeks....lol. You are very close to fitting in my clothes.

Kristen said...

Well, I may be close (ish) to fitting into the size pants you wear, but i am not close to being your size. i need a body lift. ;-)

Alison... said...

I don't know where you're getting all those cute cartoons but you're gonna have to tell me!

If I could fit TJ's size clothes on my leg, I would be happy...

;-)

Congrats on fitting into 16s, 2 more sizes and you will not be considered even borderline plus size -

You really are skinny!

Kristen said...

oh yes, 16 is the new size 6. haha

hey, it's progress...that it is...

lanie said...

Congrats on all your successes! There's nothing better than to try on clothes in smaller sizes and have them fit! You know you're healthier-you know the scales reading less- but it's like icing on the cake! Awesome!