Saturday, August 9, 2008

Last day

I feel slightly better than I did yesterday...I think... I'm taking Tylenol cold (day and night), per my Mom's urging, but the day stuff makes me feel foggy and slow. I've been taking it all day, but I still have a fever. I'm betting that will break tonight.

I'm giving myself the rest of the day to be sick, and I'm determined to feel much better tomorrow. I'm invoking my process of mind over matter. ;-)

Seriously, though, it's been two days of being plopped on the couch, eating whatever I want, and not moving. I feel gross. I know most of that is because I'm sick, but part of it is because I'm not eating like I normally do.

Tomorrow I plan to feel better, and I'm going to put my meal plan in place, grocery shop, get some work done, and hopefully exercise, as long as that's not pushing it, and as long as my fever is gone.

I've been drinking lots of liquids and getting LOTS of rest, although I did manage to get some work and lake association projects done this AM before loading up on the cold medicine, so I feel good about that as well.

We only have a few weekends left of summer, and it's been killing me to watch the boats drive by my house on this beautiful day, but such is life. I want to get this over with as soon as possible, so if that means missing a sunny Saturday, so be it.

Shout out to little Benny (nephew) who turned 3 today! Happy Birthday, buddy!

2 comments:

Stephanie Carnes said...

Thanks for the message for Ben! He had a great birthday. When he came down this morning, Jack checked to see if 1. he was any taller and 2. he could now pronounce "pants" correctly. Nope, he still says "fants"!

Sorry you are sick! That's no fun anytime - hope tomorrow will be better.

Alison... said...

Man, you're really down and out! I'm sorry!!! I hope you're better today... good plan to take it easy though...

At least you have an appetite, that's promsing anyway...

:)