Friday, August 29, 2008

Weight loss update



Still no change in the scale...I won't worry about it if you don't. :) I went through the same thing in January, as I've mentioned before, when I was sick for a few weeks, and immobile and not making the healthiest choices...it took a little bit to get back on track, and I went 3 weeks or so without any change.

I think I'm going through the same thing now. I'm back to making the good food choices, and the weight will follow. I've been slow to get back into my work out routine, which isn't helping, because I've been so over extended, as well as achy.

I few weeks ago, I tripped and fell hard on my left knee on cement, and it hasn't been the same. It's swollen and it creeks when I go up and down stairs. I can't bend my knee back very far either. Also, I pulled a muscle in my lower back last weekend, so as a result I'm afraid to do upper or lower body weight lifting. I think swimming would be a good cardiovascular work out, but I canceled our memberships to Hampshire Hills. With my schedule as it is now, there is no way I would be able to get there more than once/week, and it's just not worth the $170/mo for that.

Lanie joined a gym in Manchester with a pool, and I'm going to check it out and hopefully join it. I may go down there today.

The weight will start coming off again soon, and I'm just going to keep doing the right things. Even though my weight isn't changing, I think my body is shrinking, and that is just as fun if not more so!

Keep your chin up, dear readers.

1 comment:

Alison... said...

I didn't realize your knee was still bothering you, sorry about that! Knees are tough, as I know - once there is an injury, it's tough to recover... but you will!

If the gym in Manch w/ the pool is cheap, I may joing and swim w/ you on the weekends in winter.