Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Soooooooo ready for a vacation


The last vacation we had was Key West, this past January. We did have the 4 day trip to Scottsdale too, which was awesome, but I had to work during it, so I can't really call it a vacation. We were planning to take a week+ off in September to do a nice California vacation, but now that September is so close, I don't see this happening. With all I have on my plate right now, I wouldn't have time to plan a trip, let alone take the time off to go.
.
I think I'm going to try for October. That gives me a little more breathing room. I'm also thinking of only signing up for one class for the fall term. I'm probably just being realistic about all of these things because I'm sick. When I'm feeling better, there's no stopping me. Oy.
.
I'm working from home today, and I just feel tired and weak still. I could really go for a nap, but I don't have time for it. Sweet little Lanie just texted me saying she's going to the store, and she wanted to know if I needed anything. What a doll. I thought about it, and if there was anything I could go for right now, it would be soup. That reminded me, however, that I already have soup!
I'm going to make some. I continue to be much hungrier than usual...I'm wondering if my body just needs more nutrients than usual to help get well, or if I just need a fill! I wish I knew, because then I would either ignore the hunger pains or I would eat to get in more nutrients.
Yesterday, I ate pretty healthy, but I ate whenever I was hungry. I ended up consuming 1400 calories. It's not the end of the world, but it's more than usual.
.
I'm up a few lbs on the scale. Some of it is bloat, but other must be related to me eating more and moving less. I need to get well soon, so I can get back into my routine. In the mean time, I'm going to focus on getting well.
.
Good night. (I wish)

2 comments:

Alison... said...

Let go and let God

Go to bed and get well

The end

Anonymous said...

OK, there is never a good time to take a vacation. We can muddle on through for one week without you. STOP being a martyr and take your vacation. Everyone needs to mentally unwind, that is why you get a vacation.

1400 calories? I think I had that for breakfast.