Thursday, October 4, 2007

This hotel is terrible!

LOL!

I am tired today, but I've been worse.

Ding dong...ding dong...ding dong...

The room they moved me to is directly connected to the nurse's utility room which has a central call light indicator on the wall. Every, and I mean EVERY, single call light that went off resonated right through my wall and into my new room. I would finally doze off, and as soon as I did, Ding dong...Ding dong...

I got up and went to the nurses station to see if they had ear plugs. I described my situation to them, and one of the nurses said, "Well, we cannot disable the beeping mechanism." Oh really? You can't just blindly ignore the calls of a floor full of sick people? How rude. ;0-)

I told her I wouldn't possibly suggest that, but that I am unable to sleep with the dinging and donging in my ear all night, so we must come to another solution. Finally, my nurse came around the corner and she was very sweet, and she gave me some gauze to use. I turned on my fan to high, and I shut my room door, and I was finally able to sleep!

Finally, that is until ten minutes later when the CNA came in to check my vitals. She said she wanted to get it out of the way then so that they didn't bother me at the change of the shifts. Vitals done - I fell asleep again... finally.

Finally, until 15 minutes later after the changing of the shifts when the new CNA came in to check my vitals. I told her mine were just done, and she said that was fine, but she had to do them anyway at the changing of the shifts. Alrighty then.

The rest of the night followed in similar fasion. I would finally fall asleep, and someone would come in and turn on a light, and leave without shutting it off or without closing the door, so I would have to get up over and over and unplug my IV machine from the wall and walk over to the light to turn it off, or over to the door to close it...

By 5:30 AM, my pain meds had worn off completely and I was nauseous. My allergies have been bad this week, and I wasn't able to take a Claritan yesterday, and just lying in a bed on my back, causing all the mucus to run down my throat was creating a perfect storm for GI discomfort. I know, I know, TMI, but I'm just telling it like it is.

They gave me something for the nausea, but it's not really working.

I have the barium swallow soon, and they gave me a new drug for the nausea. We shall see if this helps at all. I am not supposed to get sick, or I could cause the band to slip. Yikes.

I'm sure everything will work out fine. I'm just looking forward to going home today and watching movies and having a sugar free popsicle!! :)

XO

KC

2 comments:

K said...

Hey you! Been following your terrific progress and you're soooo great!

LOL - the *last* place to rest (they say, "now just rest and get well...") is the hospital...it's like a conspiracy to rob you of sleep! Hope you get home soon and can relax a little!

Love you!
Karen

Andria said...

Ugh! What a mess in the hospital. Let's hope you get plenty of rest at home!