Wednesday, October 31, 2007

MIA

Good Morning,

I was missing in action for a few days due to a busy weekend, and then a bit of the flu. I am feeling better today, and I'm down another 2 lbs to a total of 55! Unfortunately, it wasn't a stomach flu, or that number would be even bigger! ;-)

A few more days...a few more lbs...I'll take it. Today is four weeks out from my day of surgery, and I've lost 20 lbs. Not bad. This Saturday (and my Dad's birthday!) will be one month out, and maybe I'll be down a bit more by then.

My appetite continues to grow, but still no where near where it was before I started the liquid diet. I probably have the appetite of a thin girl right now. When I observe what they eat, that's about where I am. Next week when I get my fill, I'm hoping to notice a difference. Keeping my appetite as small as I have has been a result of self control, and not physical limitations at this point.

I'm glad I have had the self control, but it will be even nicer to have a physical tool to help me - that is the whole point of this band. I know it takes many people 3 to even 5 fills to really feel a good amount of restriction, and that's okay - I can be patient. Even a little bit of restriction will be a great start.

For the first few days after my fill, each time, I have to go on the liquid diet, and then a day or two of soft foods. I think four weeks on the liquid diet was great for me psychologically because it really helped me to see food in terms of nutrition and health rather than pleasure. Now that I am back eating without restrictions, I get pleasure from food again, but something changed during those four weeks and I just don't see food the same way. The thought of going back on the liquid diet is really no problem for me.

I guess that is all for now. Happy Halloween! I have about 5 huge buckets of candy leftover from the Halloween Party we had Sunday afternoon. Thank God I'm not tempted with sweets!

KC

No comments: