Friday, October 5, 2007

Human again

Yesterday was a tough day! I think between not getting any sleep and not taking any pain meds, I was in rough shape!

I got about 12 hours of good sleep last night, and I'm beginning to feel human again!

I'm supposed to have 4 oz of fluid (rotate water/protein shake) every hour, and that has been tough. I only got in one 4 oz protein drink yesterday, and about 8-12 oz of water.

I'm hoping today will be better because I know I need the protein to heal.

Last night, Darcy and Mom had spaghetti for dinner. I took one look at their plates, and I couldn't fathom how they could possible eat that much food. A few weeks ago, I could have eaten two plates worth, but it's funny how quickly things change in perspective when your stomach is shrunk down to the size of a thumb!

I guess that's why people who have this surgery really never miss binge eating, because you just couldn't dream of it.

I'm only out of surgery 2 days, so things could change, but for now, that's how I feel.

It's a beautiful day today. Perhaps I will go for a short walk after I take my pain meds.

Have a great day!

Kristen.

No comments: