Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Surgery + 6

I have been out of surgery for 6 days now, and I'm down 47 lbs.

I feel great! I walked a mile yesterday with no problem, and I think I'm ready to take the step from liquids to soft solids (scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes, etc...). Very exciting.

Today I am exhausted. I didn't take any painkillers yesterday during the day, not even tylenol, because I was feeling so good, but I didn't take any before I went to sleep, and that was a mistake!

I normally sleep on my stomach, and I haven't been able to do that since the surgery, but I have taken percoset before bed each night and I just fall right asleep in whatever position works at the time.

Last night, I tossed and turned all night, and I really didn't fall asleep until 5:30AM, and I woke up an hour later for work.

Today, I will be dragging, but I will be fine. Note to self: take meds before bed!

3 more lbs until 50!!!

No comments: