Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Movies!

Last night we went to the movies. I hadn't had dinner, and I decided to have some movie theater popcorn. Once I get my first saline fill, I may not be able to have popcorn again, and I didn't have an opportunity to have any before my liquid diet, so why not!

I bought a small, and I couldn't even make my way through half of it, BUT, I am still full this morning. I felt bloated, but not too bad, and pretty full, but not painful full, but I don't know when this feeling of full is going to leave! It is certainly an interesting thing.

We saw Good Luck Chuck. It was marginally humerous at best, but that is all I expected. It was the only movie playing when we showed up, so it made the selection process easy.

I think I am all set with movie theater popcorn. I don't want to waste all that room on non-protein anyway, but it was nice to have one last hoorah. ;>)

I am reading the accounts of people who have had this procedure around the time I did, and many of them are commenting that their appetite has not shrunk yet, and that they are getting discouraged. Truly, your appetite doesn't shrink as a result of the band until you get your first fill. Actually, it often takes 3-5 fills to really feel that restriction that makes you full quickly.

The reason I have experienced such a decreased appetite is partly because of the (mainly) liquid diet I was on for five weeks, and partly because I am still healing from surgery. I know that if I wanted to stretch my appetite to what it was before surgery, at this point, I could. Obviously, I don't want to do that, but I think that is something that happens to a lot of people who have this procedure. It is so important to know what is going on at each step, or you can get discouraged.

My first saline fill is four weeks from today: November 6th. I have heard that the MD won't fill you if you are still losing weight because you don't need a fill unless you aren't, but I hope that's not the case for me. Even if I don't have a restriction in my appetite by then, I will be watching what I eat very carefully, and I don't want to be penalized for losing weight on my own.

I'm not going to worry about that right now. :)

Have a great day - it is a beautiful one!

Kristen.

No comments: