Wednesday, October 3, 2007

New Beginning

Today is the day!

Last night I was having some pre-surgery jitters, and I decided to read the patient reviews of my surgeon online. What a relief! There were hundreds and hundreds of notes and letters of past patients singing his praise and raising him to sainthood.

My MD has performed over 5000 weight loss surgeries, and he is arguably the best WL surgeon in the Boston area. I am very grateful to my PCP for referring me to him.

It's 7AM. I'm going to hop in the shower, and round up D and Mom to get out of here by 8. I already pre-registered over the phone yesterday with admitting, so now I just need to show up in the day surgery area, and the fun will begin.

Today is a new beginning for me. I have lost weight - lots of weight - so many times in my adult life, but with this tool, I will be able to keep it off for life. I am so looking forward to a healthy new life!

Hopefully, I won't get too fanatical along the way, because I know how I can be when I start to drink the diet cool aid... ;-)

Thank you - all of you - for all of the well wishes you called me with and wrote me with yesterday. It is so encouraging to know I have such a supportive and amazing friend and family base.

Love you!

KC

1 comment:

Grandma Shmoop said...

today's the day and you know what Jimmy always says, "never get nervous!" I know that you will come out of this w/ flying colors and you will have great success! I am glad you're going through this 1st since you are now a wealth of knowledge on the subject, not to mention inspiration. Talk to you soon!