Monday, October 15, 2007

Busy Bee

What a weekend! If the 3.5 hr work out on Saturday wasn't enough to wear me out, the home improvement project did the trick! I had no idea that replacing a vanity in a bathroom was such a project. Thank goodness for the Darce. She handled the whole project. I just did the painting. I have included some pictures, but I don't think they do it justice.

I'm very pleased with the end result.

I am continuing my plateau at 49.whatever lbs down. Yesterday I ate steak. It was delicious. I can only eat 2-3 oz per meal, but that is just right! I know several people have had trouble eating steak after the lap band, but so far so good for me.

Today I am going to just drink low-cal/low-fat protein drinks for a day to see if changing up my routine will help me over my plateau. I know it's only been a few days since I have lost anything, but I wouldn't even be checking every day if it weren't for the fact that I just want to hit the big FIVE OH!, and then I can weight myself weekly. Tomorrow, I meet with the nutritionist again, so perhaps she will have some guidance.

She will probably tell me that after having a big loss, such as 14 lbs in one week, it is very common for the body to not lose the following week. Little does she know, I prefer to be uncommon.

My energy level increases with every day. I feel fantastic. There are no residual affects of surgery at this point, except for the fact that I don't have quite as much energy for working out. I am still rebuilding my strength, but it is coming.

I am finding that I have more time and money, and the D and I are thinking of joining a women's chorus group in Portsmouth. We will be attending our first practice this Wednesday night to see if it is for us. I'm looking forward to it!

Enjoy your Monday!

KC

No comments: