Wednesday, October 3, 2007

If it sounds too good to be true...

...it probably is!

Well, after a glorious day of surgery with zero complications, I finally had one!

Right after my visitors left, a transporter came into my room announcing they had to put someone in my room after all, as no other beds were available.

No big deal...I'm about to go to sleep, right?!

WRONG!

The transporters wheeled in a geriatric patient with either severe dementia or Alzheimer's into MY hospital oasis, and she was screaming profanities at the top of her lungs, and calling them names too horrible to write, etc...

I marched myself down to the charge station, and I said, we have a few options here:

There is a geriatric patient screaming profanities in my room, and that is not okay. You can either: move her, move me, or discharge me.

I am now in the room across the hall with another patient who had the lap band today! How nice.

It took them about 30 seconds to respond to my request and move me. I am very pleased.

I just saw the surgeon, and he said, "Wow! You look great! You must be wondering what you are doing here!"

That was nice!

He said I will be ready to leave right after I have the barium swallow tomorrow, and I am looking forward to getting that over with!

Have a great night, all!

KC

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Soooo glad everything went well for you. We've been thinking of you and praying for you all day. You sound like you are doing great - I'm glad you were able to overcome your natural shyness and reticence and get the room you deserve! I love you!

Andria said...

Wow! That was a quick response to get you moved. That's good that they are taking care of you since we can't be there to do it. OOO